Greenbury Point, located at the mouth of Severn River in Anne Arundel County, is a Navy property managed by Naval Support
Activity (NSA) Annapolis as a mission-supportive natural resources conservation area. It also serves as a popular hiking destination
for nature lovers, runners, walkers, and dog walkers. While the Navy keeps the conservation area open to the public, it is also critical
to the NSA Annapolis mission and can close anytime without prior notification to support installation operations.
Greenbury Point is encumbered by surface danger zones from the USNA weapons range on Carr Creek. In 1999, the North Severn
entry control points were removed and the area became accessible by the general public. The existing walking/nature trails and access
roads are open to the community when the range is not operational. These trails have become increasingly and overwhelmingly
popular during the COVID pandemic.
Black Swallowtail Caterpillar, Greenbury Point, Annapolis, Maryland
Photo by Matthew Beziat
HOURS OF OPERATION
- Greenbury Point Nature Trails: Unless otherwise posted, marked trails are open to the general public between 5:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Nov. 1 – Feb 28) and 5:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (March 1 – October 31).
- East and West Greenbury Point Tower Access Roads: Unless otherwise posted, the gravel access roads are open to the general public between 5:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (Nov. 1 – Feb 28) and 5:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. (March 1 – October 31).
Access is PROHIBITED when the red light is flashing and security gates are closed. IF GATES ARE CLOSED OR LIGHT IS FLASHING DO NOT ENTER!
- Nature Center: The Greenbury Point Nature Center is open to the general public on Thursdays , 11 am to 3 pm, unless otherwise posted.
- Carr Creek Marina: The Marina is for the use of MWR slip-holders and guests only.
- Greenbury Point is subject to closure at any time without prior notification.
OPENING AND CLOSING INFORMATION
- Twitter @NSAAnnapolis
- Phone: 410-293-9304
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Follow all posted rules, directions and as given by security personnel.
- Park in designated spaces only. DO NOT PARK ON GRASS! If you park illegally, you may be ticketed.
- Pedestrian and bicycle travel is allowed on designated Walking Trails and the East and West Access Roads, unless otherwise posted.
- All dogs MUST be leashed at ALL times. Leash should not be more than 10 feet in length and one end should be secured to restrict movement of the animal. Non‐compliant dog walkers may be asked to leave.
- Pet owners shall pick up and remove all pet waste.
- Leave wildlife, plants, and artifacts undisturbed so that others may enjoy them.
- Take litter home, or place in trash containers where provided. This includes pet waste.
- Be aware of hazards on the property such as: ticks, stinging insects, poisonous plants, wild animals, and leashed animals.
- Do not dock boats along the shoreline or walk near the shoreline bulkhead. The flying of drones is prohibited at all times.
- Weapons are prohibited. Federal law prohibits the possession of firearms or other dangerous weapons on installation property.
- All persons and any property under their control are subject to administrative inspection.
- No public restrooms are available at Greenbury Point.